Signed in as:
Signed in as:
American Heart Association Blended Learning (online portion, followed by hands-on skills session)
HeartCode PALS is an online comprehensive eLearning program that uses eSimulation technology to allow students to assess and treat patients in virtual healthcare settings. In this environment, students apply their knowledge to real-time decision-making and skills development. Students who successfully complete the online portion of the course receive a certificate granting them access to a PALS Hands-on Skills Session with an AHA PALS Instructor. Students must successfully complete both the online portion and the hands-on skills session to receive a PALS Provider course completion card.
Click Here to register for Part 1 on the AHA website
Who Should Take This Class:
Healthcare providers who either direct or participate in the management of respiratory and/or cardiovascular emergencies and cardiopulmonary arrest in pediatric patients. (Physicians, Nurses, Paramedic, Respiratory Therapists, PAs, NP, & Pharmacist.
• The systematic approach to assess and treat a seriously ill or injured infant/child.
• Recognition and management of cardiac arrest.
• Basic child and infant life support skills.
• Effective resuscitation team dynamics.
• Recognition and management of respiratory distress and failure, including airway management.
• Recognition and management of shock, including vascular access.
• Recognition and management of arrhythmias, including electrical therapy.
• Post-cardiac arrest care Adult, Child, & Infant Cpr & AED use.
• Use of PALS algorithms and flowcharts.
• The AHA Chain of Survival for prehospital and in-facility providers.
• Importance of teams in multi rescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multi rescuer CPR.
• AHA compliant manikins & equipment.
• AHA certificate of completion & wallet eCard after the completion of the class.
Course Cost: $60.00
Please either Print or Email a COPY of Heartcode PALS Provider Completion.